We’re proud to receive a Silver Award for our commitment to the Armed Forces
McAndrew Martin is delighted to announce we have been formally notified that our silver level nomination within the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) has been considered and accepted by the selection board. We are now very proud to be ERS Silver Award holders.
This Government scheme recognises employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate and advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant. In 2021, McAndrew Martin signed this Covenant and became a Bronze member of the ERS.
Over the last year, we’ve been working hard to achieve the additional criteria required to be awarded the silver level of this recognition scheme, including:
• Promoting our commitment to the ERS on our website, social media and company communications.
• By coaching and mentoring 2 Masters level students. Both students are the children of veterans who served in the armed forces for a combined 56 years.
• Raising £10,500 for Help 4 Homeless Veterans Charity through 2 events – we pledge to deliver at least 1 veterans focused charity event per year.
• Signing up to CTP Rightjob and Forces Families Jobs recruitment organisations to show our commitment to providing employment opportunities for ex-military personnel.
• Ensuring all McAndrew Martin employees are aware of our positive policies towards reservists and veterans by outlining these in our company employee handbook.
• Promoting our support and membership of the ERS by writing to all our supply chain members and also encouraging them to join the Scheme.
• Continuing to show ongoing support by attending relevant events and promoting our work with veterans, their families, those that serve and the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Now we have achieved the ERS Silver Award, we will work diligently to extend our commitment to the defence and armed forces community by working towards the ERS Gold Award.
McAndrew Martin is delighted to announce we have been formally notified that our silver level nomination within the Defence Employer…